Reflections in The Mirror of the Ey

I hope to share with you here photos from my personal collection and quotes which reflect how I feel about the subjects. Some of the collection are new and some are old. Most of the photos were taken by myself or my husband, Ricardo Montoya. In the collection there are family photos in black and white. These were taken by various family members.

I hope you enjoy these "reflections" from the mirror of my eye.

(By the way, at the bottom of the page there's a place to leave your "calling card" or, in other words, a shout box. Thanks.)

Sunday, July 18, 2010

For Cloud Watchers Only

 Clouds 002

 

 

 

 

Occasionally our sky is graced with a rainbow, especially during a “sun shower”.  On this day there was just a smidgen of rainbow visible to the side of Cerro Blanco (White Hill).

 

 

 

 

 

Clouds 016

 

 

 

 

 

No folk, this isn’t smoke.  It’s just one of the unusual cloud formations that we get in the sky over Patzcuaro.  This one caught my eye because of the blue sky, fluffy white clouds and the dark smoky triangle just sitting there.

 

 

 

 

Clouds 008

 

 

 

 

 

I’m a “cloud watcher” and am constantly mesmerized by the sky here.  These are some of the towering clouds that accumulate behind the mountains which encircle Lake Patzcuaro.

 

 

 

 

 

All of these pictures were taken from the balcony outside of our bedroom.  A great place for cloud watching.  The Island of Janitzio is at the bottom center of the photo.

 

 

No comments: